Saturday 10 February 2007

Rude Kids

My oldest son aged 6 is being so rude to us. He won't willingly say please or thankyou or any of the other niceties that make the world go round. However, he still expects his mug parents to do everything for him. I can't believe that he acts this way at school.

Anyway we had a chat tonight about it and have decided to tell him that we will not tolerate this anymore. He will be told that there will be a period of grace for him to get used to the idea of being polite. So if he forgets to say please we will gently remind him, but after that he is on his own and if he forgets to say please then tough - he won't get whatever he wanted. Unless of course he forgot to say please can I have bath! (about as likely as the Pope converting to Islam).

Other peoples kids in my house will get the same treatment. I don't care what their parents think (I blame them anyway). The rot stops right here, so any 6 year olds thinking of visiting us - think on.

NB The 3 year old figured this out 12 months ago. He always says please because he knows it works.

Boris

1 comment:

Ms Melancholy said...

Hi Boris! Lovely blog... and I find slapping the kids hard with a wet fish soon teaches them some manners.