Wednesday 14 February 2007

Val Day

Woke up this morning to a cup of tea in bed from She Who Must Be Obeyed. How nice. "Get your shower and come down" she says. There on the landing is a trail of red and pink paper hearts leading to my place at the kitchen table.

I let her stew for a while until she just had to ask "Well, where's mine?" Sorry love I forgot I lied. She gave me one of her looks, I left for work and waited for her.

At 9:10 right on cue she rings me "thank you for the card and flowers darling - you bastard".

Yes reader(s), I had left them on her desk at work.

Why do we play such games with each other?

Because we can.

Love you loads darling.

Boris

1 comment:

Ms Melancholy said...

Oh, Boris, I didn't realise you were such a romantic! Now go and read The Importance of Disappointment and start getting miserable, NOW!

Hubby and I had a conversation this morning about how he didn't want me to feel guilty by buying a card, cos he just knew that I wouldn't bother. I found it strangely touching....